Job: RoR @ WestStar
Ruby + Sinatra or Rails Developer
**Note: This is a full-time, in-house (Phoenix, AZ 85008) job position. No freelance, remote or contract applicants, please. **
Work for an organization with a name synonymous with progressive technology. The Kim Komando Show has an excellent opportunity for an experienced in-house Ruby developer to help us on several fun, on-going projects. The ideal candidate for this position will have a very strong work ethic, attention to detail, a positive attitude and comfortable in a "high-octane" environment. Selected candidate(s) need experience in the entire software development lifecycle including: requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment. This position is full time, located onsite in our Phoenix, Arizona, studios with hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
This position involves creating several Sinatra/Rack/Ruby applications to support high-volume traffic stores and content-based websites. You will write and test Ruby code for web applications and APIs. To perform this job successfully, you must be able to inspire development and be a strategic thinker that can shape knowledge of technologies into business solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of & competency with Ruby 1.9.3
- Thorough knowledge of & competency with Sinatra 1.3/DataMapper 1.2 or Rails 3.2/ActiveRecord 3.2
- Proficiency using Linux operating systems and ssh
- 2 years of experience on commercial or open source projects
- We're looking to expand our team. If selected for a second round of review, you will be tested by team members competent to evaluate your skills to ensure that you are a good fit.
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of fundamentals and use of Git
- Competency with Rails 3
- Competency with Builder and ERB
- Capable of understanding and implementing project requirements
- Writes efficient code
- Documents code effectively, clearly and concisely
- Willing to learn new things
- Competency with unit testing, functional testing, stress testing, and alpha/beta testing
- Competency creating ruby gems
Desirable, but not required: Experience with
- CAS: Centralized Authentication Services
- The Responsibilities:
You'll work for WestStar Multimedia featuring The Kim Komando Show, the nation's largest syndicated weekend talk radio show. You'll implement new features and work with a team to bring our and other client's brand new websites to life.
Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer an excellent benefits package including health insurance and employer-matching 401k. WestStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email a cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for this position, along with a current resume and salary needs (required to be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are conveniently located in Central Phoenix near SR-51. PLEASE NOTE: LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. This is a full-time, on-site, 8-5 position. Please do not contact us if you are interested in contract work, telecommuting/working from home, or not able to work our complete, regular work-day hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. Developing the right mix of skills, ideas and individuals requires an unwavering commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Accordingly, we recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status or disability.